- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Place burgers in lettuce leaves. Combine feta and Miracle Whip; spread over burgers. Top with avocado, red onion and if desired, tomatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
- Try this recipe with lean ground turkey or ground bison for a different twist.
- Use radicchio instead of Bibb lettuce for extra crunch.
- You can substitute mayonnaise and a pinch of sugar if you don't have Miracle Whip on hand.