GASTROENTEROLOGY DOCTOR PAKRCHESTER BRONX
Gallbladder is a small pear shaped organ that is located in the upper right part of the abdomen usually under the liver. Bile is produced by the liver and is an essential component for digestion of fats. Ideally a gallbladder is supposed to store bile and later transport it to the intestines for the breakdown of fats and digestion of food. Bile consists of cholesterol and bilirubin (which is the waste product received when blood cells breakdown).
Parkchester Medical Center offers professional Gastroenterology Doctor in Bronx who diagnose your gastro problems quickly with professional treatment to follow.
Gastro Conditions and Symptoms Treated at Parkchester Medical
Parkchester Medical Bronx has Liver Specialist doctors available who offer diagnosis and treatment for all gastro conditions and symptoms including:
|Abdominal Pain||Anal and Rectal Problems||Anemia (e.g. Iron deficiencies)|
|Barrett’s Esophagus||Cirrhosis||Colon Cancer Prevention|
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome||Liver Diseases (Auto Immune, Alcohol and Fatty Liver)||Pancreatitis|
|Pediatric Digestive Disorders||Proctitis||Swallowing Disorders|
|Ulcer Conditions||Colon Polyps||Diarrhea and Constipation|
|Diseases of the Pancreas||Diverticulosis||Esophagus Disorders|
|Gallstones||Heartburn/Reflux Disease (GERD)||Hemorrhoids|
|Hepatitis A, B, & C||Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis)||Intestinal Bleeding|
|Intestinal Motility Disorders|
· Why does one develop gallstones?
Bile is stored in the gallbladder and has cholesterol as the major ingredient. When the levels of cholesterol rise beyond the normal range, bile consequently receives increased cholesterol in its composition. This increased cholesterol transforms into stones in the gallbladder known as the cholesterol stones and when the bilirubin levels are increased, pigment stones are formed that reside in the gallbladder. Both types of these stones are commonly known as gallstones.
Visit Parkchester Medical now and get treated by experienced Gastrology Doctor in Bronx. We have professional Gastro Specialist available around the clock.
Endoscopic Treatments and Procedures Available at Parkchester Medical
· Capsule Endoscopy
· Colon Polyp Removal
· Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
· How does one feel with gallstones?
A person can develop a few or many gallstones and they can vary in dimensions as well; ranging from the size of a grain to that of a golf ball. When these gallstones block the bile duct and hinder the excretion of bile into the intestines, one feels:
1) Extreme pain in the upper abdomen.
2) Swelling and infection
3) Increased pain and discomfort after consuming a fatty meal.
Parkchester Medical has Gastro Doctor available around the clock in Bronx, NY. Visit now and get your gastro problems treated safely.
· How can Parkchester Medical help you treat gallstones?
Good news is that gallstones are treatable and the pain can be relieved. Here is how we can help get rid of them:
1) Prescribe medication: If the gallstones are comparatively smaller in size, they can be dissolved through taking oral medication. However this is not the best treatment plan because this course of action usually takes months and years to dissolve the stones. Patient can feel the pain during all this time and there are high chances that the stones will reoccur.
2) Surgical removal of gallbladder: This is a more typically and commonly adopted treatment plan and more than 80% of the patients suffering from gallstones go through a cholecystectomy. Once the gallbladder is removed, bile is transferred directly from the liver to the intestines and gallbladder removal does not affect the digestion of food but yes, dietary care and caution is recommended.
When you need a specialized Gastroenterologist in Bronx, NY, Parkchester Medical is a name you can trust. Call now to book your appointment or visit us at any time of the day.