Gynecology is the branch of medical science that deals with the issues of women and young girls. In literal meaning, the term “gynecology” means “the science of women”. To be more specific the issues and problems of women’s reproductive organs and breasts are taken care of by the gynecologist. A gynecologist is a trained professional and doctor who has the ability to prevent, diagnose and treat women issues; issues of the female reproductive system and to some extent breasts as well.
For all women’s gynecology related problems, Parkchester Medical has advanced treatment options. Our specialist Gynecologist team members offer accurate diagnosis and proper treatment of all conditions.
Book your Gynecologist Appointment now and have medical solutions to all your problems. We treat all conditions in Bronx, NYC including:
· Adolescent gynecology and counseling
· Bone density testing
· Breast cancer screening
· Contraception counseling and procedures
· Diagnostic ultrasound
· Immunizations (including Gardasil®)
· Menopause management
· Osteoporosis screening, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
· Ovarian cancer screening
· Pap smears and cervical cancer screening
· Premenstrual syndrome management
· Routine and yearly examinations
· STD (sexually transmitted disease) screening
· When should one visit a gynecologist?
There is a common misconception among general population that a gynecologist should be paid a visit only if one is pregnant or wishes to conceive. But it is not at all true; rather a gynecologist doctor has a wide range of expertise and can treat a number of other issues that we sometimes don’t even consider presenting to the doctor. A gynecologist appointment has the capability to help you with:
1) Vaginal pain
2) Pelvic or vulvar pain
3) Abnormal bleeding from the uterus
4) Pregnancy issues
5) Fertility problems
8) Breast Cancer Screening and other issues of breast
Also there are no specific criteria or determined age limit for these issues to occur in a women. Menopause is expected to happen during a certain age bracket but all other symptoms can be faced by anyone. Consider for example, a young girl can face vaginal pain and so can an elderly women. Parkchester Medical offers best Contraception Counseling with all other relevant treatments in Bronx, New York city.
Menstruation is a natural phenomenon that is faced by every woman and hence the issues and problems associated with it are also extremely common and frequent. A gynecologist has the power and capability to diagnose all the menstrual disorders and treat them with the most accurate and optimal course of treatment.
· How can a gynecologist expert like Parkchester Medical help you?
A gynecologist has the expertise and skill to help you with a number of issues. Whether you are facing any sort of menstrual disorder, are pregnant or are trying to conceive, feel a lump in your breast or just want to have a routine checkup done; an appointment with the ob gynecologist is your safest bet.
If you are full term and are looking for someone who can ensure a safe and comfortable delivery process along with excellent health care, you can arrange an ob-gyn appointment. Here is how a gynecologist can help you:
1) Taking pain relieving measures for painful menstruation: If one experiences extremely painful periods and the cramps are too painful to bear, then a gynecologist will most probably (after ruling out all other factors) prescribe you to use heating pads and warm press to the lower abdomen. Some doctors also prescribe pain relieving medications to help get rid of the pain and displeasure.
2) Thorough routine checkups during pregnancy: Gynecologist will schedule weekly checkups in the first trimester and monthly checkups afterwards to ensure a normal and safe pregnancy. Apart from the routine ultrasound and lab works, an anomaly scan at 20 weeks and Doppler scan is also arranged to make sure mother and baby are safe and healthy. A gynecologist is also trained to provide contraceptive counseling and advice optimal contraceptive solutions.
3) Performing Surgical Procedures and breast cancer screening: A gynecologist is also trained and capable to carry out surgical operations such as a caesarean section for delivery, uterus removal known as hysterectomy in case of fibroids or other tumors and other small surgical procedures. A gynecologist is here for your health and safety; be it child birth, menstrual disorder or breast cancer screening (through ultrasound and mammograms).