The start of a new school year is an exciting time for children, but it can also be a stressful time for parents. There are so many things to think about, from getting your child ready for the first day of school to making sure they stay healthy throughout the year.
- Get your child a physical exam and make sure they are up-to-date on their vaccinations. This is especially important if your child is starting school for the first time.
- Make sure your child is getting enough sleep. Most children need 10-12 hours of sleep per night.
- Encourage your child to eat a healthy diet. This means plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Help your child develop a regular exercise routine. Exercise is important for physical and mental health.
- Talk to your child about the importance of staying safe at school. This includes things like staying away from strangers, not accepting food or drinks from other people, and reporting any bullying or abuse.
- Be a positive role model. Show your child that you value healthy living by eating healthy, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep.
By following these tips, you can help your child start the school year off on the right foot and stay healthy all year long.
If you have any questions about how to prepare your child for a healthy school year, please contact Parkchester Medical Center at 718-828-6610. Our team of experts can help you get your child ready for a successful school year.